The BC Centre for Palliative Care and Victoria Hospice are honoured to be co-presenting the BC premiere of the feature-length documentary film, Hippocratic: 18 Experiments in Gently Shaking the World, based on the extraordinary life and work of Dr M.R. Rajagopal.
The movie will be followed by a Q&A with Dr. Rajagopal, who will be in attendance.
This is a must-see event for anyone interested in the power of the human spirit, human rights and social justice, and essential viewing for anyone working in health care.
Dr. Rajagopal is a:
- 2018 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee.
- 2018 recipient of the Government of India’s Padma Shri Award – one of the highest civilian honours.
- Often called the “Gandhi of Modern Medicine” and the “Father of Palliative Care in India.”
- “The inspirer” for the internationally recognized model for Compassionate Communities in Kerala, India.
- Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- Time: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Location: Park Theatre, 3440 Cambie St
- Tickets: $16 per person, available at: https://tickets.demand.film/event/3792
This screening is in Vancouver. See it in Victoria on April 9!